Saturday 30 January 2016

Book Review: Cress - Marissa Meyer

Title: Cress
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publication Date:  February 4th 2014
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 550
Link to Goodreads: Here
Part of a Series: Book 3 of the Lunar Chronicles
Plot: Even in the future. there are damsels in distress...

In the third installment of the Lunar chronicles, Cress, having risked everything to warn Cinder of Queen Levana's evil plan, has a slight problem. She's been imprisoned on a satellite since childhood and has only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress a great hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue of Cress involving Cinder, Captain Thorne, Scarlet, and Wolf goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes as a high price. Meanwhile, Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has. 

Reading Period: December 27, 2015 - December 29, 2015


Review

Not feeling do great today. I should have been in Padua for a country dance festival instead I'm stuck at home with the flu!

Maybe writing reviews with a temperature is not such a great idea, but hey, I'm still new at this review stuff. I don't know how much is too much. If you by chance stop by my blog and read a review, could I spoil you the plot?

Okay, I'm going off tracks now.

Fortunately I was well and lucid when I read this book. Actually it was during my reading marathon that's why it only took me three days to read a 550 pages book!!!

I could never stop saying this: I LOVE MARISSA MEYER'S WRITING STYLE!!!!

She has just a way with words that makes you want to continue reading and reading and reading... 

With the Lunar Chronicles finished I hope she will continue with a new series.

Cress is another beauty. Based on the story of Rapunzel, which I never liked as a story until Tangled came out, another key character comes to play: Cress.

I so love Cress, maybe because she's a bit like me. Computer nerd with a big imagination? Yep, that's me. Except for being trapped in a tower... *cough*... I mean satellite station.

While trying to rescue Cress, our group of friends is separated. I love that we get to follow all the different characters in different adventures and situations. You are never bored!

Some of the revelations are not so shocking, maybe because we did grow reading fairy tales, but you are so much invested it in the characters, so it doesn't really make the plot boring.

This third installment of the series is super, so if you haven't read this series... what are you waiting for?  I'm trying to convince my mother to read it too.

RATING



No comments:

Post a Comment